Yes, contrary to popular belief, women do masturbate. As is the case with men, there are plenty of reasons for women to lock the door and rub one out on their own. To help dispel some of the myths about women and masturbation, we’ve gathered some facts about the subject. Let us help clear away some of that fog.
- Improves Mood.
Having an orgasm, via masturbation or intercourse, releases a variety of ‘feel good’ hormones, including dopamine and oxytocin. These help to create a natural high that improves women’s overall moods.
Having an orgasm via masturbation eliminates the pressure to perform or the stress that can occur while having sex with a partner.
- Helps with Sleep. Sex is a great way to exhaust yourself and fall asleep, but masturbation allows you to do the same thing without worrying about having to satisfy a partner at the same time. Masturbation, for both women and men, helps them to feel more relaxed afterward, making it easier to drift off to sleep.
- Can help with menstrual cramps. Orgasms cause the uterus to contract, which can help with the cramps that normal accompany monthly menstruation. Masturbation also increases heart and breathing rates, similar to exercise, which can also help to alleviate painful cramps. Many women exercise during their period specifically because it helps relieve cramps more effectively than any over the counter medication. Masturbation and orgasm has much the same effect.
- Improves Sex Life. One of the biggest problems that women have with sex isn’t the inability to orgasm with a partner: it’s the fact that they don’t know their own body.
Masturbation helps women learn what works best for them while still enjoying all of the benefits of regular orgasms. It’s a win-win for both women and their partners, because if a woman is able to enjoy sex more, she is more likely to relax, achieve more orgasms, and be able to focus more on her partner as well.
The more comfortable you are with your body, the better your sex life will be.
- Vibrators Come in Every Shape and Size. Masturbation doesn’t have to mean that men or women have to be restricted to using their hands. Vibrators and other sex toys come in just about every shape you can imagine (including a variety of fantasy-creature styles, if that’s what floats your boat) and there is definitely something for everyone. The best part: if you find something that doesn’t work for you that is fine! Not every toy works for every person, and there is definitely at least one toy out there that will satisfy your needs.
- Improves Sex Frequency.Masturbation gets a really bad reputation as a replacement for sex or something that you can become addicted to. On the contrary, masturbating on a regular basis can actually make you want to have more sex with your partner. The more you masturbate, the more you think about sex, so the more you think about sex, the more sex you want. Plus, it can be a great way to incorporate a little sensuality into your relationship when you or your partner isn’t in the mood.
- Multiple orgasms. This is pretty self explanatory: there is no reason, other than exhaustion, to stop at just one orgasm. Men may be limited to their single climax, but women are not restricted by such limitations. If you’ve got some time, don’t stop with just a quickie. Working toward multiple orgasms while masturbating is also a great way to learn what your partner will need to do to help you achieve the same result while having sex.
- No Negatives. There are, quite literally, no negatives to masturbation. You can’t get pregnant, which is one of the biggest things that cause women to shy away from sex. You can’t catch any sexual transmitted diseases. There are no negative side effects or anything that you need to worry about. Just lay back and enjoy yourself!
- It’s Awesome. This is the main reason both men and women masturbate: it’s freaking awesome. No strings attached orgasms are some of the best things in the world, and women enjoy it just as much as men do, if not more!
Hopefully we’ve managed to teach you something about women and masturbation.
Yes, women masturbate.
It’s not something that is limited exclusively to the male gender, and it really doesn’t deserve the negative reputation that it has garnered over the years. Masturbation is awesome. Period.